STRAWBERRY recipes from soloberry
in collaboration with the medicinal Chef, dale Pinnock
Simple Strawberry Crumble
I do love a good crumble but I don't necessarily like to gorge on too much flour and sugar. I like to have my cake and eat it so to speak. This scratches that itch perfectly.
500g of strawberries (remove stalk and calyx)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
160g porridge oats
50g of ground almonds
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Place the strawberries, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a saucepan and simmer for 15-20 minutes until a jam like texture has formed.
2. Mix oats, ground almonds and the cinnamon together in a bowl
3. Transfer strawberry mix into a baking dish and top with the oats, ground almonds and the cinnamon.
4. Bake in the oven at 180C/350F/GM4 for 20-25 minutes until the topping is turning a golden brown.
5. Serve with some coconut yogurt or if you’re feeling naughty your favourite vanilla ice-cream
Lambs Lettuce, Feta and Strawberry Salad
This is such a gorgeous and satisfying combination. A beautiful summery salad, nutrient dense, with a complex and delicious flavour profile.
2 handfuls of lambs lettuce
6-8 large strawberries - sliced
80g of feta cheese
For the dressing:
2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 small clove of garlic - finely chopped
Half a teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Combine the leaves, strawberries and feta and toss together well.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork.
3. Dress the salad and toss together once more.