RASPBERRY recipes from soloberry
in collaboration with the medicinal Chef, dale Pinnock
Raspberry, Oat and Mixed Seed Crunch Layer
One of the simplest ways to use fresh fruit and a perfect make ahead breakfast. You can make 3 or 4 of these and keep them in the fridge for a grab and go option.
4 tablespoons of fresh raspberries
4 tablespoons of coconut yogurt
4 tablespoons of mixed seeds
4 tablespoons of porridge oats
1 teaspoon of maple syrup
1. This one is super simple. In a glass tumbler, begin layering up the ingredients. Start with a layer of raspberries, then a layer of yogurt, then seeds, then oats. Then simply repeat this until you get to the top.
2. Drizzle the maple syrup over the top layer.
Beetroot and raspberry soup
Ok….I know this sounds completely barking mad, but trust me it weirdly works. I’ve been experimenting with fruit in savoury soups for a while and this one is a winner. This can also be turned into a between course, cool and refreshing palate cleanser or made into a sorbet.
Soloberry tip: We think this is best served cold and made the day before to let the ingredients really get to know each other.
3 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
1 red onion - finely chopped
3-4 medium beetroot - washed, skins left on, diced.
400 ml of vegetable stock
300g of fresh raspberries
1. Sauté the onion and garlic in a little olive oil, with a pinch of sea salt, until the onion has softened.
2. Add the diced beetroot and vegetable stock, and simmer until the beetroot has softened.
3. Add the raspberries and blend into a thick smooth soup